The ChampionTutor Scholarship Program 2018 edition.
The ChampionTutor Scholarship Program is offering you an opportunity to showcase your creative writing skills. Submit a mind blowing essay and the scholarship will award you with USD$2,000 in cash. All you need to do is to write between 500-700 words on the following topic:
Should schools abolish tests and examinations?
- This scholarship program is open to all nationalities.
- Applicant must be a student in a local secondary/high school or a college.
- Employees and associated family members of ChampionTutor are not eligible to participate in this scholarship program.
Rules and Guidelines
- Content must be 100% original and unique.
- The essay will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Material organization and logical interpretation : 40 points
- Vocabulary and style (phrasing and flow): 30 points
- Reasoning and critical thinking skills: 20 points
- Spelling, grammar and punctuation: 10 points
- Only one submission per person is permitted.
- The winner’s essay will be published on ChampionTutor’s website with attribution.
- All submissions are the property of ChampionTutor and the content can be edited for use in our websites for marketing purposes.
Schedule and Deadlines
Deadline for submission:28 February 2018
Announcement of results:1st April 2018
Scholarship Grant: The selected student will be directly informed of the process for the same.
- Applicants are to email their articles along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Name
- A headshot (soft copy)
- A short bio of yourself
Tips on how to write a good essay
- Identify your target audience. Ask yourself who you are writing the essay for and why they should read it.
- Structure your essay into paragraphs. The most conventional structure includes an introduction, body and conclusion.
- Plan your essay. Do research on the topic, analyze the information and pen down your major points. Once you have done so, you can then further elaborate on each of you points. Discuss, explain and compare.
- Proofread your work and check for mistakes. Get a teacher or a mentor to read your essay and give comments on your work.