|Background :||Full Time Tutor|
Certificates VerifiedTutor has verified their academic qualification based on their stated qualification
|Teaching Credential :||Ex-School Teacher (University)|
|Qualification :|| NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
Bachelor (2011 - 2015)[...]
(2004 - 2007)[...]
*** Former NUS CS Faculty-best-Teaching-Assistant x3***
From 2014-2018, I have been teaching in NUS School of computing as a teaching assistant (1 yr student; 3 years full time job)
Current full-time tutor specializing in O/A/IB/Uni computing and IGCSE/IB/secondary maths
I have taught / am teaching students from OFS, GEMS World Academy, CIS, NEXUS, KAPLAN, HCI, NUS, ...
I have also been peer tutoring classmates since secondary school (through polytechnic and university) days...
Many of my current students hated mathematics, but are now learning joyfully, or at least tolerating it while seeing that they are learning.
An IGCSE student (2019) improved from passing inconsistently to an eventual A in IGCSE Mathematics.
A diploma student improved from failing statistics to being able to teach his classmates - currently averaging distinction for mathematics.
Numerous testimonials from teaching at NUS (yes, even in a leading university):
- "Clarity in thought and ability to communicate concepts with visual explanations"
- "Able to break down concepts to make it easier for his students to understand"
- "Great teaching style. Ivan makes every student participate and think. I can get a lot of knowledge from a very short tutorial. Enjoy his class"
- "Understanding and helpful when questions are asked. He understands what problems students usually face"
- "Responsible, approachable and knowledgeable"
- "Requirement of high commitment from his student is actually a blessing in disguise for the students. It aids the students by forcing them to prepare their work and allowing them to spot difficulties and misconceptions".
I tend to focus on helping the student learn, find out what are the problems with his/her learning, and teach the student to find out what he/she doesn't know. I hope the student will eventually become and independent thinker and learner who takes pride in his/her work!
|Teaching Subjects :||
Maths A, Maths E/D, Computer Science
Mathematics, Information Tech
Information Systems, Computer Sci
C++, Java, Python
Maths A, Maths E/D
|Flag profile as inappropriate|